JC Runyon Foundation scholarships are awarded to high school students (traditional and non traditional) who have successfully completed at least one stay in an accredited inpatient facility for psychiatric disorder, substance abuse, or both.
Do I qualify?
- Successful completion of an inpatient program in a psychiatric facility for either substance abuse, psychiatric disorder or both
- Acceptance to a college, university or trade school
- Is an undergraduate student who will be attending school in the United States
What makes JC Runyon Foundation different?
- Students receive funding assistance (paid directly to the school) throughout the degree program as long as they stay in good standing with their school.
- Scholarship recipients become part of the JCRF family. We foster an ongoing relationship with each student to help ensure success.
- Each recipient is honored at our annual Gala in the spring and is given the chance to share his or her story, if desired.
- We are a national program and award students scholarship funding all over the United States.
- Our board consists of industry professionals: therapists, psychologists, nurses and educators. We understand the struggles of the past and the difficulties students might face during the transition into college. We check in often to offer advice and encouragement.
- Download an application here. 2019-20 Applications will be available in late August.
Important Note – although we are grateful to be listed on several Great Lists, much of the information is outdated. Please refer to this website for the latest and most up-to-date information and submission deadlines.